Most homeowners don’t think about the parts of a refrigerator until it breaks down, or it comes time to buy a new one. In order to get the most use possible out of this kitchen appliance it can be very useful to know exactly how it keeps food and drinks cool—and Legacy Lawrence Appliance Repair is here to help.
Read on to learn everything you will want to understand concerning how a refrigerator runs, how it cools your food and if it’s the right time to call refrigerator repair Lawrence.
Parts of a Refrigerator
There are not too many houses that do not feature a refrigerator inside the kitchen. It’s been a must-own appliance for many years now. A household refrigerator is able to store food at the right temperature, to stop spoiling and slow down harmful bacteria. The process of refrigeration works by moving the warmth from the interior of the refrigerator to the exterior, using principles of condensation and evaporation.
The main parts of a refrigerator are below. For questions or service call Legacy Lawrence Appliance Repair:
The refrigerator compressor is a combo of a pump and motor, and it is need for circulation of refrigerant in the cooling system.
The compressor is a very important part of a refrigerator. Homeowners should call a professional service if the compressor is broken.
A refrigerator condenser is located on the rear outside panel of the refrigerator and helps to disperse the heat built-up inside the refrigerator out in the surrounding air.
A refrigerator evaporator is located in the interior of the refrigerator where it absorbs warmth held inside of it, thereby lowering the interior temperature.
Right when the evaporator stops working, it’s time to hire a professional. Do not wait too long.
Liquified coolant is directed through a capillary tube that works as an expansion device to cool the gas inside, transforming the gas into a liquid.
A refrigerator thermostat regulates the temperature inside a refrigerator, beginning the cooling period as it is appropriate.
The thermostat inside of a refrigerator is often prone to breaking. Troubleshoot and call a contractor in Lawrence for service the moment an issue occurs.
How Does Refrigeration Work?
1. The moment the temperature within a refrigerator rises higher than the set point sensors alert the refrigerator compressor to engage, and the cooling period begins. The refrigerator attracts the cold liquified refrigerant, pressurizes and condenses the refrigerant, and increases the temperature, in order to turn it into a gas form.
2. The compressor guides the hot gas in the direction of the refrigerator condenser coils located on the rear of the refrigerator, where it comes in contact with warmer temperature in the kitchen and transforms back to a liquified form.
3. The cool refrigerant then continues on its journey to the evaporator component, making its way through the many coils within the appliance and top freezer.
4. The liquid then absorbs the hot air from the interior of the refrigerator, thereby cooling the temperature until it has reached the desired set point.
5. The liquid then will evaporate, and turns back into a gas state, and returns to the refrigerator compressor to continue the cooling cycle.
Refrigeration is used in several applications and appliances, this includes heat pumps, air conditioners, refrigerators and freezers. By contracting heat from one location and then distributing it to elsewhere the continuous cycle of refrigeration aids in cooling your home, creates a safe space for food that is perishable, and also helps with the manufacturing and storage of many different common products and materials.
Need Refrigerator Repair?
Think your refrigerator require repair? Time to schedule an appointment with Legacy Lawrence Appliance Repair.
Legacy Lawrence Appliance Repair can repair nearly all popular models of refrigerators – includes commercial models, stand-alone and side-by-side.Our licensed repairman in Lawrence complete training to repair and troubleshoot cooling problems, ice makers, condensation issues, water puddles and leaks, bulbs, digital controls, smart systems and various problems. We know all there is to know about refrigerator repair! Call today!
OTHER REFRIGERATOR RESOURCES:
- Refrigerator Noisy
- Refrigerator Not Cooling
- Refrigerator Ice Maker Not Working
- Refrigerator Water Dispenser Not Working